Monday, October 11, 2010

Something about the Climate...

and I feel like I'm home.

Apparently I should brace myself for the downward slope of month 11, but I am way to stoked about how happy I still am, here in month 8.

Can't complain.

But I will... for a moment. Unfortunately, someone has 50 of my US dollars and my memory card with ALL MY PHOTOS on it. I don't know how it happened, but I knew I didn't like San Salvador for a reason. With that in mind, all the photos I had hoped to share here are now... somewhere.

Things in El Cocalito have been wonderful, and I have some stuff going on with youth and my women´s group is still going strong. I was recently inspired by the sad state of my skin and the high price of St Ives apricot scrub to learn how to make facewash and then grind up coconut shells (which, as you may guess from the name, are in abundance in El Cocalito) to put in as an exfoliant... Stay tuned for that one.

In other news, things have officially (and yet somehow, unofficially) come to an end with the Payaso Ave. He is not "the Salvadoran to change my life," as everyone hoped he would be. I'm one hundred percent okay with that. I only wish I would have gotten a photo of him, to go with the book I may write on our ill-fated, but highly entertaining, friendship. If only I had thought ahead.

I recently spent a phenomenal weekend in Concepcion de Ataco for a regional meeting with almost all of Ahuachapan and Sonsonate's finest gringos. But I got to meet the new volunteers, who are quality, stroll around with my homeboy Dan Clarahan, and then hit up the food festival... All under the clear skies and warm Ahuachapanecan sun.

Pretty much blissful.

I came home to a happy community, and a happy host family, as it seems that people are really getting Pollos de Engorde, that my first friend in El Cocalito really is coming back to El Salvador, and people actually do want to buy ecocinas after all! Oh yeah!!

Probably doesn't hurt that I will be in the US in several weeks, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment