Ahhh,
So much time to sit and think here in El Salvador.
The rains have been falling lately. Which turns my patio into a pond and makes everything not made of stone into thick, stick-to-your-shoes mud. One of the benefits, however, is the almost nightly thunder and lightning storms I lay around and watch.
Having so much time on my hands, as I presently do, would seem like a huge burden, and it kind of is, since I am accustomed to being busy.
However, I realized that I never dealt well with downtime because I perfer having distractions. Otherwise my mind tends to fixate on my own problems. Here, though, all the things that preoccupied my mind have disappeared.
Issues concerning the questionable or downright crappy behavior of various people in my life, which could plague my mind, now seem like they never existed.
It´s awesome. I feel pretty much like I have tossed any possible baggage off for good. And all I had to do was move a few thousand miles away. :P
Having said that, I still think about home on a regular basis.
Cold air, comfortable furniture, sleeping past 6:30 am, monthy phone plans, my apartment on Allison, an exciting social life, all my friends and family and my cat Neil. These are the things I will lapse into day dreaming about from time to time. Oh, and going to the movies, I would really like to do that...
In other news, I think I might have found a house. Finally. I´ll have to master the art of getting water from a well, and I´ll be laying my own concrete floor, but it is nice and centrally located, and it will be mine, more or less.
So keep your fingers crossed for me. Maybe I'll have electricity soon, and I can take some pictures.
Until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment