Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Milestone.

Things in El Salvador have been pissing me off for the last week or so.

Instead of dwelling on cheats, scandals, chambre, and my stint wading through thigh high flood water in the streets of El Cocalito, I decided to pay tribute to the fact that a few weeks ago, I filled my first journal, ever. I'll for sure go into greater detail on all the crummy bits later, when they've -hopefully- come to a happy conclusion.

But for now, a recap on ¨Journal June 2009 to June 2010.¨
(which was gifted to me by Amanda Patt at our graduation.)

December 20, 2009

"I can't beliveve my life right now. I love so much of it....
It kills me when my warmest, funniest, most loving moments with people now are punctuated by phrases life 'I can't believe you're leaving,' 'I'll really miss you,' and 'Will I ever laugh this hard again for two years?'"

Jan 19, 2010

How long will it take for a snail to get to the East coast?

Jan 20, 2010

It's good to know that I still find him as bland and intellectually uninteresting as I did when we finally broke up...

Jan 21, 2010

I'm paraphrasing here, but he said something like, "Well, Jessica, We'll just have to get together soon, so we can end out friendship." Alex Leffler, you put it so well.

Feb 4, 2010 (El Salvador)

I'm already tired of being in this big group. Chatter-Chatter....

Feb 6 2010

Started the day with the worlds most gigantic breakfast of all time.
Recap: Coffee, scrambled eggs, cheese, beans, 1 tortilla, and a plate of fried bananas.


Feb 12, 2010

I ate a whole fried fish, with a face.


Feb 21, 2010

Got on the 161, started to go, bus runs over the cobrador.
***
The Communal Kids swarmed us with grimey, sticky, cheesy hugs.
***
Friday, nothing happened. Oh, except Queso nailed Dan C. in the junk. Hilarious. Crazy lil Queso.

March 7, 2010

The sun is an agressive force.

March 14, 2010

I made a mountain of popcorn and some serious faux pas with plastic bags.

March 30

Rough one. Grandpa passed away this morning in his house. The service is on Friday and I feel bad about missing it... I feel bad that I won't be there, or that I wasn't there.

April 3
My host grandpa brought me some cough syrup he made out of some plant. It is the exact color and temperature as pee.

May 7, 2010


... and then I have to pretend to laugh, over and over again.

June 20, 2010

Oh shit, June's "over," it's almost Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment